The summer ends- now back to hot weather

My summer vacation is over, and my time in Australia (for now) is over. This blog finds me back at school, sweating as I type in an AC-less dorm room. I wouldn't mind the mildly cool Australian winter right now.
So what are my reflections on the past three months?
First of all, I really love Australia. If this summer's internship gave me any indications about my future, it is that I want to move to and work in Sydney. Everywhere there seems to be a perfect harmony between cityscape and landscape, making it the ideal urban environment to live in.

I love Australians. They are chill, live life and most importantly find my American accent exotic.

Canberra's abundance of nature parks has me reconnected with my outdoorsy self that had been lost since my Utah days.

Writing on the clock and for a large audience at The Canberra Times has given me a much more positive outlook on writing papers for classes. After all, we get weeks to complete assignments and it's just for the scrutiny of the Professor or TF.

Best of all, I spent quality time with my family. The older I get, the more I miss home. I remember when I first went to boarding school- everything was so new that I don't think my mind could even register homesickness. Now, I increasingly miss my parents, my brother, a house, Mongolian food, obscure superstitions- all the things I live without at school.


Well I am off to commence my junior year of college. And there's always J-term for me and OZ.

0 comments: