All hail the Mighty Green Machine


Canberra Raiders (24) vs. St. George Illawarra Dragons (12)

What a game!!! My first rugby game consisted of 19,350 viewers in the stands, 3 fights on the field, inappropriate but hilarious dancing by Victor the Raiders mascot, my future husband Brett Morris positioned within very nice viewing distance, and of course insurmountable levels of testosterone. Not bad mate, I can say that I'm a big fan now of the NRL.











The 90-minute game, which I had not even studied the rules of prior to watching, on more than one occasion got me off my seat and screaming (much to the delight of Bron). The Dragons, the team for which Brett Morris plays, was off to a large lead in the beginning, but thanks to mine and the girls' strong desire to find the Canberra boys celebrating out on the town later, the boys in lime green pulled it together were on top in the end, winning 24-12. But it was an extremely tight game- the Dragons are first in the league right now after all, compared to the Raiders who rank 13th. It was so tight that they took to taking the tension out with their fists several times.

Overall, brilliant experience, excellent first game (also for Meghan and Meredith), and I'm left with the crowd's chant "All hail the mighty green machine".

0 comments: