Romancing Sydney


It's official- I am in love with Sydney. Currently we are doing the long-distance thing, but I definitely see us settling down in the future.

This week I went up to Sydney and I just LOVED it there. Unlike all of my previous visits, exploring it alone and aimlessly wandering around made me realize that it is the perfect place to live. It's fun, hip and diverse. It was warm (in mid-winter), sunny and had beaches. It's clearly the cultural and, in many ways, historical center of Australia so what more could I ask for? Oh yeah, I met up with Meghan!

Our hotel was right by Hyde Park and the CBD, so while I was alone during the day, I amused myself by taking long walks on the streets, visiting the museums, sitting in the park reading, absorbing the scenery and other various activities that usually appeal to aging romantics.













I also met up with Meghan, my former roommate who is now doing a semester abroad. What a wise choice because she now lives in a lovely flat right on Bondi Beach, takes awesome classes that do not involve finals and of course is cheating with my Sydney.
We marked our reunion by taking a long stroll on the beach, cooking crab cakes, discussing our shared disgust of vegemite and admiring the Sydney public transportation system (especially the double-decker metro).













I highly recommend Sydney to anyone who wants grow professionally and personally in a vibrant atmosphere, and of course wants to party it up with the awesome crowd here. The Big Apple is cool, but you can't beat sunny mid-60s weather and a picnic in the park on a winter afternoon.

At least for me, I'll be back.

0 comments: