Meet the co-workers!


G'day!

I'm interning at The Canberra Times as a Creative Services Writer. The experience has been really good so far, thanks mainly to the people, always the people of course. This is a little bit about the characters in my Aussie life.
So there are three other Creative Services girls (I am filling in while they recruit a full-time fourth) Bron, Joni and Meredith. We share a desk space and many many laughs throughout the day. They are young, fun and educate me on Australian culture (rugby and football studs).

Bron is an aspiring screenplay writer and a competing boxer- meaning she is a BAMF.
Joni, the youngest before I got here, has actually been working here the longest and thus is the most experienced. She is really smart and charming and is clearly boss material, though not bossy in the slightest.
Meredith is very hard-working, funny and has a great boy-wall in her cubicle.
Holly- she is a photographer and has redeemed hope for my hand-modelling career!
*For those of you who know me, you may remember that I have a hot tea burn on my right hand from when I was a young'n. All of my friends' reaction to it is "well there goes your hand-modelling career". But now my left hand may get published holding a frozen dessert, so there you go. I am up for hire for left-hand modeling.*

Some other interesting people in my part of the office (Advertising Dept.):
Peter- he also just started and happens to live close by so I carpool with him (thanks Peter!). He is an opinionated, chatty young guy so really no dull moments.
Mils- the graphic designer/ resident Bruno! He is hilarious and likes to rag on celebs just as much as me- soul mates.
Ernie- the first person I knew here, probably because there are very few people he doesn't know in this town. He has an endless supply of "dad jokes" that make me and the girls laugh solely because he finds them funny. For example, the other day I was finishing up an apple when he remarked, "Ah, I see you got to the core of the matter." Enough said.

Well there are about 30 other people around here and they are all really funny, as in there's really no time to bore yourself here. Oh but the really best part of the job- cool press perks!











A review had to be written on Koko Black chocolate cafe and guess who got to go and sample (more like devour) chocolate treats? Correct, yours truly and the girls :) As you can see the original desserts and then the carnage. (photo credits: Holly)

0 comments: